Miscellaneous updates: mostly things being deprecated — News
- The Futuramerlin Web site should eventually become a Web site for the Futuramerlin record label, and Ember moved to a new home. (That's not really news, just mentioning it since it still hasn't happened.)
- The "stream registry" features of Crystallize are thoroughly deprecated (inasmuch as they were ever supported to begin with); BorgBackup is in my opinion a superior replacement for the stream registry feature's objective of versioned archiving of documents. I'll only be maintaining the stream registry feature to the extent needed to migrate the data out of the format. The rest of Crystallize is also slightly deprecated/discouraged (but I intend to maintain software to read its file formats indefinitely, in keeping with its purpose), and might get fully deprecated in the distant future if DDC ends up being able to take over from it.
- Warcdealer is no longer supported. The documentation is available at an old commit of the Web site repository if anyone still wants it. I may later try something in the general theme as part of DDC, but that is a ways off.
- The Futuramerlin Web Toolkit's "ember" theme is not being maintained, since it is too complicated and buggy to be worth the trouble.
- In the unlikely event that anyone is using Wreathe GNU/Linux:
- Wreathe 7.3 will probably arrive eventually, but it's hard to say when.
- If anyone wants a relatively normal GNU distribution, I suggest switching away from Wreathe to GNU Guix (or one of these other free distributions if you prefer).
- Wreathe 8 and later will probably not be a normal GNU distribution, and instead be a DDC environment over a minimal base system. This would presumably not have the same feature set as past Wreathe versions, hence the recommendation to switch to Guix or similar for something similar to these past Wreathe versions.
- Wreathe 7.3 should include a preliminary version of the DDC environment for testing, in some form or another.